The goal of the U.S. Coastal Research Program (USCRP) is to develop a national coordinated science research program to address societal needs along the coast. USCRP is a collaboration of Federal agencies, academics, and stakeholders that aims to identify research needs, foster research opportunities, enhance funding for academic programs, and promote science translation.
- Build a community of practice
- Identify societally-relevant research priorities and the fundamental gaps for addressing coastal challenges
- Foster collaborative opportunities (ex. DUNEX)
- Enhance funding opportunities for academics and students (future workforce) to tackle coastal challenges
- Translate fundamental science problems/research to stakeholders (e.g. city managers, coastal resilience officers)